We are absolutely delighted to announce we have been awarded the Green Tourism Gold award with flying colours! Our report accompanying the award stated:
“Overall you have done exceptionally well throughout the three columns People, Places and Planet. As to be expected you have done really well in the Health & wellbeing (100%), Destination (98%), Chemicals, Communication, and Travel (93%), Food & Drink (92%), and Experiences, (90%), criteria. This not only shows that you provide first class experiences but also care about your guests comfort and wellbeing whilst aboard. You also had high scores in Energy (84%), Water (83%) and Biodiversity (80%).”
Although we are reassured that we are doing well in terms of our green credentials, we are already planning more improvements, to be as sustainable as we possibly can be.
- Our Plant a Tree initiative in connection with Trees for Life
- Our green initiative crew member, to monitor waste, energy and carbon on each vessel
- Influencing the installation of EV charging points with our parking partner,
Further work we are planning to undertake includes:
- Improving our carbon score. This requires collating our energy, water and fuel usage and Identifying emission sources
- Supporting a more socially-based charity or campaign
We would highly recommend any organisation to work with Green Tourism. Their technical experts offer excellent practical advice and lots of support. With their help, we were able to identify where we were doing well and what we still needed to do to be a truly sustainable tourism business.
Our new one-off expedition cruise "in search of giants"
Monday, 13 November 2023
Species report from our recent whale watching cruise
Tuesday, 29 August 2023
A whale song and a glorious sunset
Thursday, 3 August 2023