These are our Terms & Conditions of your booking a holiday with Hebrides Cruises which also trades as Elizabeth G Charters Ltd. Your holiday is scheduled to be delivered on board the Elizabeth G or the Emma Jane, which is owned by Robert Barlow t/a Elizabeth G Charters Ltd. Please note that by booking a space on one of our scheduled cruises or holidays or by entering into a whole-boat charter scenario, you are agreeing to these terms.
1. Hebrides Cruises gives notice that all arrangements made by us are on the condition that we shall not be liable for any death, injury or damage, loss, delay or irregularity that may be caused by persons or conditions outwith our control. We accept no responsibility for any losses or additional expense due to delays or changes in air, road, rail, sea or other services, strikes, war, weather, Government or customs or police intervention or other such happens amounting to Force Majeure.
2. A reservation is not booked until the completed Booking Form and a non refundable deposit of 20% of the fee (or as otherwise agreed) has been received. Provisional bookings by phone or e-mail will be held for 2 days pending receipt of the deposit. Upon receipt by us of your deposit we shall send you confirmation of your cruise along with a note of the balance amount and when it is due. Every person making a booking on behalf of a passenger or group of passengers warrants and confirms that he/she has the authority of that passenger and that each such passenger agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Payment will be accepted by:
- Cheque (please allow 10 days from postage to clearance). Please make all cheques payable to “Hebrides Cruises”.
- BACS transfer (Account No: 20216781 - Sort Code: 82-67-04 - IBAN: GB88CLYD82670420216781 - BIC: CLYDGB21704)
- Credit or Debit Card (Over the Phone – Please call the office on + 44(0) 1631 711986 or Online – Please make contact by email/phone and a link can be set up)
We reserve the right to alter prices in accordance with any major changes in cost that may occur between the time of the booking and the time of departure.
3. Any cancellation must be notified to us in writing by the person who made the booking. If you cancel your holiday:
More than 56 days prior to the start of your holiday/cruise, you will only be charged your deposit.
Between 56 and 30 days, you will be charged 50% of the holiday/cruise cost.
Between 30 and 14 days, you will be charged 75% of the holiday/cruise cost.
Less than 14 days before the start of your holiday/cruise or on or after the commencement of the cruise, you must pay the full holiday/cruise cost.
Note. We do realise that unforeseen circumstances may arise meaning that you have to cancel your cruise. With this in mind, we strongly advise that you take out appropriate comprehensive Accident Cancellation Insurance when you book.
4. Hebrides Cruises complies with Statutory Instrument 1992 No. 3288 in that we administer a Clients Account where all client’s monies are held until the holiday has been delivered. We also operate a Trust Account (whose signatories are solicitors). All monies will be paid into the Clients Account unless agreed otherwise.
5. If, owing to circumstances beyond our control, we cannot provide the vessel/cruise booked or a suitable alternative, we will refund all money paid, in full, and the passenger shall have no further claim against us. Scheduled cruises may also be cancelled up to four weeks in advance of the departure date if insufficient bookings have been made.
6. Persons, whether an individual or booking the whole vessel, are responsible for the whole of the fee he/she has undertaken to pay and must pay the balance at 8 weeks before the start of the cruise period. If for any reason, the person cancels the booking, he/she remains responsible for the whole of the fee. It may be possible for you to transfer your booking to another individual with our prior agreement. Otherwise we will make every effort to resell the accommodation and if able to do so will refund the deposit and any other money paid minus any administration cost and any other expenses incurred. Again, in view of the above conditions, we strongly recommend that you consider a separate Holiday Cancellation Insurance policy, which is available from several independent companies and brokers.
7. Any vessel used by us holds a full Marine Insurance policy for bodily injury or accident to passengers on board, for a maximum of £10,000,000 in respect of any one incident. Our insurance does not cover passengers who are away from the vessel or its tender or whilst engaged in watersports (such as diving) or any other activities. We do not accept responsibility for loss of or damage to passengers’ personal belongings, property or valuables whilst onboard or in transit, so please check your own household insurance policy to make sure that you are adequately covered in this respect.
8. No unaccompanied children under the age of 16 can be carried. No children under the age of 12 shall be carried unless part of a whole boat charter and then they are the responsibility of their parents/guardians at all times. Please note that exceptions have been made and we will be pleased to discuss your request. No animals to be carried unless with prior permission.
9. No drugs, other unlawful substances or goods or materials are permitted on board the vessel and the passenger(s) shall free and release the vessel owner / skipper from any liabilities or responsibility arising out of any breach of this condition.
10. In the unlikely event that you have a complaint please report it to us as soon as possible so that we may deal with it promptly and hopefully, to your satisfaction. Any legal action or proceedings arising out of or connected with this contract shall be governed by the Laws of Scotland.
11. We reserve the right to vary the cruise in any way we consider preferable due to adverse weather or any other conditions. It is a fundamental booking condition that taking part in this sort of holiday/cruise that there is an element of cruise flexibility. The itineraries stated on our website and literature are indicative only and not a guarantee that a particular route will be followed or place reached. You must acknowledge that delays and alterations and their results, such as inconvenience and discomfort, are possible where are unforeseen circumstances arise. Hebrides Cruises and the skipper, reserve the right to vary the holiday/cruise in any way we consider preferable due to adverse weather or any other conditions. Ultimate decisions regarding the safety of the vessel, its tender and those on board rest with the skipper.