These are our Terms & Conditions of your booking a holiday with Hebrides Cruises which also trades as Elizabeth G Charters Ltd. Your holiday is scheduled to be delivered on board the Elizabeth G or the Emma Jane, by Elizabeth G Charters Ltd, a company registered under the Companies Acts with Registered Company Number SC411646 and having its Registered Office Address at 37 Portland Road, Kilmarnock, Ayrshire, KA1 2DJ. Please note that by booking a space on one of our scheduled cruises or holidays or by entering into a whole-boat charter scenario, you are agreeing to these Terms.
1. Hebrides Cruises gives notice that all arrangements made by us are on the condition that we shall not be liable for any death, injury or damage, loss, delay or irregularity that may be caused by persons or conditions outwith our control. We accept no responsibility for any losses or additional expense due to delays, cancellations or changes in air, road, rail, sea or other services, strikes, war, weather, Government or customs or police intervention or other such events outside of our control amounting to force majeure.
2. A reservation is not booked until the completed Booking Form and a non refundable deposit of 20% of the fee (or as otherwise agreed) has been received. Provisional bookings by phone or e-mail will be held for 2 days pending receipt of the deposit. Upon receipt by us of your deposit we shall send you confirmation of your cruise along with a note of the balance amount and when it is due. Every person making a booking on behalf of a passenger or group of passengers warrants and confirms that he/she has the authority of that passenger and that each such passenger agrees to be bound by these Terms.
Payment will be accepted by:
Cheque (please allow 10 days from postage to clearance). Please make all cheques payable to “Hebrides Cruises”.
BACS transfer (Account No: 20216781 - Sort Code: 82-67-04 - IBAN: GB88CLYD82670420216781 - BIC: CLYDGB21704)
Credit or Debit Card (Over the Phone – Please call the office on + 44(0) 1631 711986 or Online – Please make contact by email/phone and a link can be set up
We reserve the right to alter prices in accordance with any major changes in cost that may occur between the time of the booking and the time of departure.
3. Any cancellation must be notified to us in writing by the person who made the booking, and any refund will only be paid to the person from whom payment for the holiday was received. If you cancel your holiday:
More than 56 days prior to the start of your holiday/cruise, you will only be charged your deposit.
Between 56 and 30 days, you will be charged 50% of the holiday/cruise cost.
Between 30 and 14 days, you will be charged 75% of the holiday/cruise cost.
Less than 14 days before the start of your holiday/cruise or on or after the commencement of the cruise, you must pay the full holiday/cruise cost.
Note. We do realise that unforeseen circumstances may arise meaning that you have to cancel your cruise. With this in mind, we strongly advise that you take out appropriate comprehensive Accident Cancellation Insurance when you book.
4. Hebrides Cruises complies with Statutory Instrument 1992 No. 3288 in that we administer a Clients Account where all client’s monies are held until the holiday has been delivered. We also operate a Trust Account (whose signatories are solicitors). All monies will be paid into the Clients Account unless agreed otherwise.
5. If, owing to circumstances beyond our control, we cannot provide the vessel/cruise booked or a suitable alternative, we will refund all money paid, in full, and the passenger shall have no further claim against us. Scheduled cruises may also be cancelled up to four weeks in advance of the departure date if insufficient bookings have been made.
6. Where a booking is made by a person on behalf of a party, the person making the booking is responsible for the whole of the fee he/she due in respect of the whole booking and must pay the balance no later than 8 weeks before the start of the cruise period. If for any reason, a member of the party no longer wishes to travel or is unable to do so, the person making the booking remains responsible for the whole of the fee. It may be possible for you to transfer a booking to another individual with our prior agreement. Otherwise we will make every effort to resell the accommodation and if able to do so will refund the deposit and any other money paid minus any administration cost and any other expenses incurred. Again, in view of the above conditions, we strongly recommend that you consider a separate Holiday Cancellation Insurance policy.
7. Any vessel used by us holds a full Marine Insurance policy for bodily injury or accident to passengers on board, for a maximum of £10,000,000 in respect of any one incident. Our insurance does not cover passengers who are away from the vessel or its tender or whilst engaged in watersports (such as diving) or any other activities. We do not accept responsibility for loss of or damage to passengers’ personal belongings, property or valuables whilst onboard or in transit, so please check your own household insurance policy to make sure that you are adequately covered in this respect.
8. No unaccompanied children under the age of 16 can be carried. No children under the age of 12 shall be carried unless part of a whole boat charter and then they are the responsibility of their parents/guardians at all times. It may be possible for exceptions to be made and we will be pleased to discuss your request provided this is made no later than 4 weeks prior to the start date of your booking. No animals to be carried except with our prior written permission.
9. No drugs, other unlawful substances or goods or materials are permitted on board the vessel and the passenger(s) shall fully indemnify the vessel owner / skipper from any liabilities or responsibility arising out of any breach of this condition.
10. In the unlikely event that you have a complaint please report it to us as soon as possible so that we may deal with it promptly and hopefully, to your satisfaction. Any legal action or proceedings arising out of or connected with this contract shall be governed by the Laws of Scotland and handled exclusively by the Scottish Courts.
11. We reserve the right to vary the cruise in any way we consider preferable due to adverse weather or any other conditions. It is a fundamental booking condition that taking part in this sort of holiday/cruise that there is an element of cruise flexibility. The itineraries stated on our website and literature are indicative only and not a guarantee that a particular route will be followed or place reached. You acknowledge and accept that delays and alterations and any resulting inconvenience and discomfort are possible where unforeseen circumstances arise. Hebrides Cruises and the skipper, reserve the right to vary the holiday/cruise in any way we consider prudent due to adverse weather or any other conditions. All decisions regarding the safety of the vessel and those on board rest with the skipper, and you accept that the decision of the skipper in respect of any such matter shall be final.