For wildlife cruising with a dash of indulgence; Emma Jane is the perfect combination of adventure and luxury.
Hebrides Cruises is a specialist wildlife cruising company, but this does not exclude all the other exceptional delights of a voyage to Scotland’s west coast and offshore islands. Here are ten great reasons to join us aboard our luxury vessel Emma Jane:
1. We are wildlife cruising specialists. Every cruise has a highly qualified wildlife guide on board to find and identify close encounters with rare wildlife for our guests. All our crew members are knowledgeable and passionate about the wildlife and natural environment of Scotland’s west coastusua
2. Although a main focus is wildlife, the Scottish hospitality on board is exemplary - any request a guest may have is met and usually anticipated by the crew. The Skipper and Wildlife Guide dine with the guests to discuss the day’s events and the possibilities for the next day’s adventure. Guest love the friendly, informal atmosphere, with the fun and laughter frequently mentioned in their reviews.
3. Between them, our three Skippers have almost 90 years of experience of cruising the Hebrides. They know the most scenic coastlines to cruise, and the best secluded inlets and secret coves to drop anchor.
4. Trips ashore are chosen for being magical and always accompanied by the Wildlife Guide, providing the best opportunity for rare sightings and finding out about the local culture, history and environment.
5. The food on board is gourmet standard and special diets are catered for. All meals are freshly prepared by the onboard Chef with a focus on the famed local produce, often sourced from the producer enroute. The bar offers a collection of malt whiskies and artisan Scottish gins. Hand-dived scallops by the crew are a speciality – you can’t get more sustainable or fresher than that!
6. For anyone wishing to cruise the Scottish west coast, Emma Jane is an outstanding choice. With a Naval pedigree, her deep draft, wide beam, twin engines and stabilisers make for fast, safe and comfortable cruising.
7. The accommodation onboard Emma Jane is superb, with all cabins ensuite and the highest quality fittings and finishes in brass, steel and hardwood. Living areas are spacious with a roomy indoor deck saloon, where everyone dines together. The separate lounge and the bridge have comfortable sofas and chairs for enjoying watching the scenery slip by.
8. There are several spacious outdoor decks with seating areas and loungers, great for soaking in the scenery. The sheltered observation deck is a unique feature at 5 metres from sea level giving a superb 360 degree panoramic view, The Skipper can steer the vessel from the observation deck, ideal for spotting the first signs of wildlife on the horizon.
9. The boat tender takes guests ashore in safety and comfort. Emma Jane has a tender launching system, unique in Scottish small-ship west coast cruising. The ship’s tender is stored on board while cruising, for speed and safety. It is also the perfect place for diving from into a sheltered sea loch for the guest who loves wild swimming!
10. The hot tub on the aft deck is adored by our guests, adding that extra touch of luxury after a day outdoors, another unique feature within Scottish west coast cruising.
Emma Jane will be named at a special ceremony on Sunday April 22nd in Oban Bay after Emma, our daughter who is also sales and shore manager; Emma will name the ship with a splash of whisky.
After the naming, both Hebrides Cruises vessels will be open to the general public to view from 2pm – 4pm Sunday April 22nd on the pontoons in Oban Bay.
Our new one-off expedition cruise "in search of giants"
Monday, 13 November 2023
Finalist Herald Scottish Family Business Awards
Friday, 3 November 2023
HWDT new minke whale catalogue is a major boost for conservation
Wednesday, 1 November 2023