We have everything in place to resume cruising this year, and really can’t wait to welcome our guests on board again and head out to sea. We are feeling confident that we will cruise in 2021, but the timing will depend on when travel can begin again. When it is possible, we will be ready, with everything in place for a safe cruising adventure for our guests.
We have been working closely with Sail Scotland, which provides advice on the marine sector for the Scottish Government on safety at sea, in relation to Covid-19. From our discussions we have developed safe protocols for cruising this season. We feel our measures will ensure the safety of our guests and crews, without affecting the atmosphere of fun and fellowship on board.
- Crew will all be tested before each cruise and self-isolate between having their test and guests boarding.
- Please also be aware that if you come into contact with a person infected with Covid as you travel, or on arrival in Oban and are asked to self-isolate through track and trace, you will not be able to board.
- Our ships are always immaculate, but the entire vessel will be deep cleaned and sanitised between each cruise. A regime of constant cleaning of surfaces during cruising will ensure no virus can be transferred by touch.
- Guests and crew will have a temperature test each day by the Skipper.
- Both guests and crews will follow the hygiene we are now all so used to, in terms of hand washing and sanitising. There will be sanitiser stations aboard the vessels and an individual sanitiser given to each guest in their cabin on arrival.
- Crew may wear masks in certain situations and will keep a safe distance. Any guest who wishes to wear a mask and practice social distancing is of course free to do so.
Cruising and shore visits
Most of our cruising takes place in remote areas but we do also visit island communities. Depending on Government guidance at the time of your cruise, we may decide to avoid anchorages to communities, but if guests wish to do some shopping, this may simply require masks and social distancing as normal, if this is the government guidance at the time.
We are confident that Sail Scotland will be in agreement with the measures we put in place and look forward to welcoming guests once more.
Spacious new outside deck for Elizabeth G
Thursday, 21 January 2021
Cruise the seabird cities of the Hebrides
Saturday, 23 May 2020
Responsible wildlife watching through WiSe accreditation.
Friday, 6 March 2020
For enquiries & bookings call Emma onTel : +44 (0)1631 711 986
Mobile : +44 (0) 75851 51611
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org